Here the final comps for the revised link below.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
My design objectives at first were totally different from what I ended up with. Originally I had developed an idea, which can be seen in my initial sketches, for this site without even taking the content into consideration. This turned out to be a grave mistake.
Because I got caught up in the actual asthetic of the site rather than the structure, precious time was wasted. I learned that when working with CSS there are several limitations that may not allow you to have the same visual asthetic as in your comps.
What I was trying to accomplish with this site was to create a simple structure that would be easy to understand for any internet user. The imagery deals with construction and information "architecture".